Secure DMX Cable Elimination and Wireless Data Distribution
The DMXio-HG is a reliable, easy to use and secure 2.4GHz wireless transceiver with an external antenna that is both a receiver and a transmitter. Working together, a pair of DMXio-HG units will eliminate the need for endless DMX cables for lighting control. Using RC4 OneTouch™, control is as easy as the push of a button, and the DMXio-HG 2dBi omni-directional antenna works reliably up to 200’ (60m) – 300′ (91m) or more inside all types of performance spaces. In general, line-of-sight is not required for RC4Magic products, but dense objects between units — like concrete walls — will attenuate the radio signal and reduce the available range.
The DMXio-HG is a transmitter for all RC4Magic 2.4GHz wireless dimmers, including the popular DMX2dim, DMX4dim, and DMX4dim-500. When in transmitter mode, the DMXio-HG decodes the incoming DMX universe, encodes and encrypts it, and then broadcasts it using Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) digital radio. Unlike wired DMX, the broadcast signal includes error checking and correction codes and is not affected by minor interruptions and interference.
As a receiver, the DMXio-HG decodes the RF signal from the transmitter, rebuilds the DMX universe, and regenerates a standard DMX signal with the same number of channels and the same packet rate as the data going into the transmitter. Numerous DMXio-HG units in receive mode can be used simultaneously, taking the place of splitters, isolators, and distribution boxes, providing superior electrical isolation while eliminating unsightly, cumbersome wiring.
All RC4 products arrive programmed with three unique, super secureRC4 Secure Private System IDs. RC4 IDs serve as system identifiers and encryption keys, ensuring interference-free operation anywhere, anytime, worldwide. Every RC4 user and project has their own unique, protected ID. A common public ID is also provided, allowing multiple RC4Magic systems to be combined and used as one large system at any time.
Power for the DMXio-HG can come from the supplied wall transformer, from external batteries, or (optionally via internal jumpers) from XLR pins 4 and 5. A small pack of 6 AA batteries can be used for portable operation with, for example, a DMXter, Pocket Console, or other battery-powered DMX signal source.
Projects and productions in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand should consider our RC4Magic-900 system. The 900MHz band is far away from WiFi, Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz wireless technology. For worldwide use in all markets, the 2.4GHz RC4Magic system is recommended.
RC4Magic Series 3 DMXio-HG Specifications
- 100% compatible with RC4Magic Series 2 2.4GHz technology!
- Dimensions: 3.4” x 2.3” x 1.55” nominal (approx. 86mm x 59mm x 40mm)
- Weight: 3.45oz
- Mounting flanges extend an additional 0.5″ (13mm), for a bottom footprint of 4.4″ x 2.3″ (112mm x 59mm)
- 5-pin male and female XLRs for DMX in and out, hardwired together
- Standard 2.1mm power receptacle, center positive
- Internal jumper option to take power from XLR pins 4 and 5
- 3 user-selectable RC4 Private System IDs, plus the RC4 Public ID (each ID supports one independent DMX universe)
- User selectable internal DMX termination (enable/disable with the press of one button)
- Includes R-SMA antenna connector and 2 dBi antenna. Directional and high-gain antennas may be used for special applications
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 100mA. One (1) AC POWER ADAPTOR INCLUDED free of charge with each transmitter purchased. International purchasers will receive a multiprong adaptor with connections for Europe, UK, Australia, and North America. North American customers will receive a standard adaptor for use in USA and Canada.
- Only 1 DMXio transmitter should be operated on each system ID
- DMX Input: meets USITT DMX512/1990(4us) with 1-second data hold after dropout
- DMX Output: straight-thru hardware connection from DMX input to output
- Option DMX channel limiting: set lowest and highest channel using RC4 OneTouch™ (default is full 512-channel universe)
- Any number of DMXio receivers may be used in a system
- DMX Output: meets USITT DMX512/1990
- The DMX specification allows up to 32 devices on a DMX output. The DMXio data output exceeds this requirement and is capable of driving additional devices.
- Internally protected against static discharge and excessive line loading
RC4Magic DMX Protocol Compliance
- DMX inputs and outputs comply with USITT DMX512/1990(4us)
- Packets with non-zero start codes are not transmitted; RC4Magic cannot transfer proprietary data or RDM packets
- DMXio receiver output replicates DMXio transmitter input, providing the same number of DMX channels and the same number of packets per second (pps)
- Minimum number of DMX channels per packet: 1
- Maximum number of DMX channels per packet: 512
- Maximum packet-per-second rate: 44pps with 512 channels, 10000pps with 1 channel
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.