The RC4Magic S3 DMX2micro is the smallest wireless two-channel DMX 512 dimmer on earth. It is perfect for concealing in costumes, compact props, lamps, fabric and even hair. How small is the DMX2micro? This fully functional, two-channel dimmer is under 3” long, and is tiny enough to be hidden almost anywhere.
Even though the DMX2micro is tiny, it has the power of the RC4 Wireless platform behind it. Like the standard DMX2dim, the DMX2micro features 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,000 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. All SX dimmers also feature dimmer curve cross-fading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output.
Using the DMX2micro is simple and easy to learn; a DMX channel and dimmer curves can be assigned with the touch of a single button, thanks to RC4 OneTouch™ configuration can also be done with RC4 Commander Configuration Software.
Since it’s a two channel dimmer, the DMX2micro is ideal for use with the dimmers built-in RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™. Using DMX channels for control, dynamic animated effects are easily and quickly created — this is not a canned effect generator, it is a tool for creating unique looks to suit any need.
Worried about pulse-width-modulation (PWM) and banding on video? The DMX2micro, like all RC4 S3 dimmers provides multiple PWM frequencies to make banding, blinking and other anomalies a thing of the past.
The DMX2micro also features:
- RC4 Private IDentities™
- RC4 ColorMatch™
- RC4 HotPatch™
- RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Wired RDM configuration (wireless RDM is not provided)
- DMX data in and out
- High efficiency 6V – 35VDC voltage input range
- RC4 Cross-Fade Controller
- RC4 Commander Configuration Software
The internal wireless DMX receiver operates identically to the RC4Magic DMXio in receiver mode. The RC4 DMX miniplug port can be used with a range of DMX adapters, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR connectors. The most common adapter is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector, making the DMX2micro the smallest wireless dimmer and the smallest wireless DMX receiver available.
Projects and productions in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand should consider our RC4Magic-900 system. The 900MHz band is far away from WiFi, Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz wireless technology. For worldwide use in all markets, the 2.4GHz RC4Magic system is recommended.
RC4Magic S3 DMX2micro Specifications
- 100% compatible with RC4Magic Series 2 2.4GHz technology!
- Dimensions: 2.7” x .7” x .4” (71mm x 18.8mm x 11mm)
- Weight: 0.40oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.35W idle draw, ~88% regulation efficiency, Amp MTA-100 connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 2 low-voltage DC dimmers, Amp MTA-100 connections, 16-bit resolution PWM (16,384 steps)
- Dimmer Output Power: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 10 (limited by rating of input connector terminals)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW)
- RC4 Digital Persistence™: 8 user-selectable persistence periods emulating a range of filament lamps
- Sensors: Input voltage
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support.
- Wireless DMX Protocol: RC4 Wireless RC4Magic Series 3, compatible with RC4Magic Series 2, proprietary
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.